Music Banter - View Single Post - Death vs.Life
Thread: Death vs.Life
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 03:26 PM   #74 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
He's probably one of the kinds of people I'm talking about, and isn't likely to serve any non-scientific benefit to society, so in theory I wouldn't be opposed to removing him as a threat in a permanent fashion. But if he could be studied, and if the information we might gain from him could lead to eventually -- in a decade, or a century, or whatever -- saving more lives by using him as "psychological guinea pig" than we would by simply executing him, then wouldn't it be in our best interests to keep him alive?

If you just want revenge, then put on a shirt with a white skull and become a Charles Bronson-esque vigilante, but if you want to save lives, then get over yourself and start coming at the issue from a logical standpoint. As it is you aren't serving justice, just your own self-indulgent desire for retribution, and I have no interest in or respect for that.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote