Music Banter - View Single Post - Death vs.Life
Thread: Death vs.Life
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 03:36 PM   #77 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
What about those who reoffend after being released early? I read a lot of stories about murderers/rapists/paedos who do some of their time, get out early and go do the same damn thing again. How often does that have to happen before you get something like a "three strikes and you're dead" rule? Is that being too reactionary?

Don't forget: I come from the country where we could have had ten innocent people executed by the British for crimes they categorically did not commit were the death penalty still in force there. I'm never sure how I stand on this issue. It's too late to say sorry when someone is proven innocent if you've hanged, electrocuted or shot or injected them, but it's also equally too late to apologise to the person who becomes the next victim of the guy you could have executed instead of imprisoning him for "life", which often does not mean what it says.

Surely at the very least, early or any parole should be denied someone imprisoned for murder/rape?
I'm not for executing anyone whose psychology doesn't basically make them human in physical form only (i.e. Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, Albert Fish, etc.) Life in prison I'm all for. Depending on the case, two or three strikes and you get life is fine by me.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote