Music Banter - View Single Post - Watch as The Batlord Descends Into Comic Book Nerd Oblivion
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 04:37 PM   #102 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

New Acquisitions

Harley Quinn Vol. 1: Hot In the City

Collects issues #0-#8 of her current series. I ****ing love this comic so ****ing much. Her characterization in Suicide Squad is fun, but just doesn't have that lovable insanity which makes her so awesome. This series manages to get that right, all while integrating her new, homicidal tendencies, making a character that is hilariously ****ed up and delightfully whacky. I anticipate each new issue like a crackhead does his dealer finally getting off work. And a lot of people complain about her new bleached skin, hair color, and costume, but as far I'm concerned her design is perfect. The Victorian ruff collar in Suicide Squad needs to die, but in this series she looks fantastic.

Kick-Ass 2

For those who have only seen the movies, then quit ****ing around and go read the comic. The movies are pretty good, but the comic ****s on them. A perfect deconstruction of superhero tropes while being a great action series with amazing characters. It took me two days to make my way through all three Kick-Ass series, the Hit-Girl mini-series, and the two movies, and I am thoroughly smitten. Hit-Girl has become one of my new all-time favorite comic book characters. Her portrayal in the movies was fine, but she's absolutely perfect in the comics. Love, love, love her. An avatar will be forthcoming. Possible favorite line in the whole series is in this TPB: "You're not a superhero! You're a little girl with a personality disorder!" Will also be checking out everything Mark Millar has ever done.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote