Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 10:13 PM   #19271 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
Keep in mind, i'm not denying that it's possible that there is some type of psychological deal involved in certain cases. Obviously, with things like fear / addiction / etc, a good mental state on the situation can help someone overcome it. However, in this case we are talking about the human body denying certain types of food. If you want to say that there's a psychological thing going on with people who claim to have celiac / IBS / lactose intolerant, I do have to strongly disagree. I don't think people have control over the things the body can't take.
Well it's not like you think hey I have this disease and then you start having symptoms, it's a lot more complex than that. A lot of people don't have control over their mind's effects on their body. The mind is a very powerful thing man.

I've just met too many people who totally have the disorder who describe all the symptoms for me to just take that statement on its face.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote