Music Banter - View Single Post - Reasons you believe God/don't believe God?
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 03:46 AM   #231 (permalink)
RoxyRollah
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
It depends a bit on where you were .. In this country - back in the day, you were born into religion. Sure, there was some picking and choosing, but not to the extent that there is today simply because the rate of information exchange is like a billion times more relevant. New ideas to choose from are a click away whereas back in the day, they could be miles and miles away.

Now, there are ideas existing that are not actually religions, but they behave much like them. Belief in conspiracy theories, power bracelets, electrosensitivity, The Law of Attraction (& "The Secret") ..

These false ideas are out there, ready to infect brains. A lot of people seem to accept them unquestioningly. Do people not care that they may pollute their minds with false beliefs?

I think they should teach kids in school the benefits of believing in stuff that's real and also teach them critical thinking.
I can't find a single thing wrong with this statement. The Us is a hotbed for a new relegion born everyday,or different versions of old ones.So I suppose you are correct in saying its location location locatio . And I think alot of Americans would benifit from a critical thinking class or two,myself included.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote