Music Banter - View Single Post - Reasons you believe God/don't believe God?
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 10:23 PM   #237 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

my mom recently came at me with some religious stuff. i guess she saw a speaker or something that inspired her and whatnot. she knows that i don't believe but i basically say it could be true or not just to ease the tension. i mean it could technically be true i just really really doubt it.

but yea, i dunno what to say to her. cause it's like i can't just pretend forever to believe whatever she needs me to believe or whatever. but i don't want to crush her faith either, because she likes it and it makes her happy or whatever. there's really nothing to be gained in trying to convince her that i'm right. but her version of reality makes it impossible for us to just respectfully disagree cause she's afraid i'll go to hell.

this is the only thing i still resent about religion. other than that i don't really care, people can believe whatever they like it makes no difference to me. i don't think the entire population needs to be 'logical' or have some accurate view of metaphysics or whatever for humanity to prosper.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote