Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 05:14 AM   #7473 (permalink)
Yac
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
If it wasn't for Saints Row I would probably have been all over that game. But GTA IV was such a disappointment for me (storyline that got old after you beat the game once, boring city, no more giant sandbox world), and then SR became my go to GTA replacement. I'm sure if I ever got into GTA V I'd still love it, but I've just played so much, so ****ing much SR III and IV that I can't bring myself to shell out $40-$50 on a game whose gameplay I've pretty much exhausting ten times over at this point.
For me the sandbox is nice, but it's the story that makes the game unique. I enjoyed Gta4, Nico was cool and there were tons of great characters that accompanied him. The story was what kept me there, not the clunky mechanics and weird driving model.
After completing roughly 35% of the story in gta 5 I have to say that so far, the story's been a lot better than in the previous games. all 3 characters are well written, even though the psychopath Trevor steals the show most of the time, both Franklin and Michael are cool too.
I agree it is expensive, and for that price the game shouldn't have as many bugs - the more I play the more of them I encounter. It started to crash occasionally when switching characters, it also crashes during heist missions when I try to shoot out of a car .. so far it wasn't that big an issue, but yesterday it crashed during a loading screen in the middle of a big story mission, twice in a row. I hope that patch they released today fixes it because if not .. well, I'll be sad.
So far the radio stations haven't been as impressive as they were in 4, but there are so many I only really listened to radio x, west coast classics and talk radio. I'm sure other stations have some great music too, though so far like I said, I'm underwhelmed.
Yac is offline   Reply With Quote