Music Banter - View Single Post - Reasons you believe God/don't believe God?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 11:00 AM   #254 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
If sacrificing a virgin or two could get me immortality, then sign me the **** up. So long as there isn't some kind of Judgement Day where my immortality gets ****ed over then I see no downside.
In The Shadow over Innsmouth, Dagon worshipers turn into fish-people, eventually migrating out to sea. I wouldn't mind that so much .. Could be a nice change of scenery on your old days. Plus you could breathe under water. How cool is that?

edit :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
But there are spiritual Gods for many many people. The vast majority on them as a matter of fact. And the rewards they get from their worship are real to them. Who are you or I to claim otherwise?
They are real to them, but generally well within the constraints of what a mind can do to itself. That was my point, really. Everything about religion is within the constraints of what people can do to themselves or others. Wouldn't a real god be capable of more?

I sometimes find myself being judged or affected by religious people and it's nearly always in ways that I don't like. Still, I generally accept people's freedom to voice religious opinions about me or other things (claims and all) and of course I think people should accept my freedom to voice opinions too.

Last edited by Guybrush; 04-22-2015 at 11:09 AM.
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote