Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 11:49 AM   #2075 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

^ I don't think it's about underestimating them; I hate the Ducks in the playoffs as well. Adding Kesler was a huge step in the right direction, but you just need a better supporting cast for your stars in the playoffs rather than having the quantity over quality thing they have going on right now. Same goes for D; they have a ton of depth on the blueline, but those players either aren't true top-pairing guys yet (Lindholm, Fowler) or are too one-dimensional to be legit top-pairing guys (Vatanen, Beauchemin). Same boat with the goalies. Both guys are passable, but neither are even close to elite. Add in Boudreau to tie it all together, and that team is probably going to fail in the playoffs.

Thing is, they could not possibly have gotten an easier draw. The 3 teams they could play in the first 2 rounds are arguably the 3 teams least likely to do any significant damage in the playoffs, just due to key injuries, a lack of experience, and just a general lack of talent. All 3 were surprise teams this year, and that almost always leads to a quick burnout in the playoffs.

It'll be interesting to see what happens between Minnesota/St. Louis/Chicago. I like all 3 of those teams over Anaheim, but they could seriously get beat up and worn down before having to play a relatively refreshed Anaheim.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote