Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst Late 70's Band
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 01:26 PM   #133 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Are you trying to imply that Rumors isn't ****ing fantastic? For shame.
One of the best albums ever recorded, so much vitality and soul, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotripsicks View Post
It goes to show more people prefer music that has no soul or skill over music that has soul and requires talent to master.
This is gibberish.

Quote:
It was the late 70s and disco was popular. The only reason why that album got any hype.
Can you really see those 1970s disco queens doing a John Travolta to Fleetwood Mac? At least make an effort and say that it was popular, because Steely Dan, Supertramp and the Eagles etc are what people wanted to hear on the radio at this time and Fleetwood Mac changed their sound to accommodate that audience.

Quote:
Also, nothing Fleetwood Mac recorded was good after the girls joined the band. Absolute radio pop garbage.
You do realise that one of these girls, was a band member long before the other joined?

Quote:
Led Zeppelin stole songs from other bands especially on IV. Most notably Stairway to Heaven which was stolen from Spirit's song Taurus.
This must be the most monotonous statement in rock, I think people fail to realise that Led Zeppelin were just one of many bands that did this.

Quote:
I win.
Stop being childish.

Quote:
but truth hurts
Debatable and another childish rebuke.

Quote:
I threw away all my led Zeppelin stuff when I found this out years ago. As well as a LOT of other songs they blatantly stole.
You should've at least had the decency to give them to charity, as somebody with some musical knowledge would've enjoyed them.

Quote:
Did you really think a band puts out 3 albums in under 2 years was all original?
A lack of music history here, it was common practice in the 1970s and 1980s for bands to put out multiple albums in a short time period, largely due to pressure from the record labels.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote