Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 05:59 AM   #7484 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Exactly. It was just so absurd and glorious. The first two games were just good/pretty damn good GTA clones, but the last two games finally started to have their own identities.
Are you kidding me? All they did was take Saints Row 2, destroy every character that was even remotely likable (Shaundi gets turned into a generic kidnap-magnet, Pierce loses his personality and quirks, and Gat is removed from the game entirely), gut all of the humor and replace it with fart and sex jokes, rip out all of the good music and replace it with songs that are infinitely more boring and generic, replace the awesome gangs and leaders/lieutenants with forgettable stereotypes, destroy character customization by lumping all clothing into rigid categories that can't be layered (ala the transition from Morrowind to Skyrim), take out the second game's shooting mechanics (which were twitchy, but at least worked) and replace it with mechanics that are somehow even more poor and touchy, and all of that's not even mentioning...

You know what? **** it. If I don't stop myself here, i'm just going to keep going forever. That's how much ammunition I have against this ****ing horrible game. Saints Row 2 wasn't perfect, but at least it managed to move past it's "GTA clone" roots and have a personality of it's own. It had it's own style of humor and it's own cast of characters, without feeling the need to overcompensate by throwing sex jokes at the player every five seconds, as if to say "OH MY GOD, YOU'RE NAKED, ISN'T THAT FUNNY? LOLOLOLOLOL. OH LOOK, A FLOPPY ***** YOU CAN HIT PEOPLE WITH, ISN'T THAT FUNNY? LOLOLOLOL. Buy all of the DLC."

And you know what? Everyone, including the developers, knew that Saints Row had lost it's soul. There's a reason why Saints Row 3 sold much worse than Saints Row 2, and why fans consistently rate it as the worst game in the series (right alongside the first game). That's why the fourth game basically backpedaled and reversed everything in three, giving the fans what they want by bringing back Gat, and the old-school version of Shaundi, as well as toning down the in-your-face humor (even though it's probably the most absurd game to date, in terms of premise) and actually having some wit and wordplay every now and then.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote