Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 03:58 PM   #928 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
First of all, while I can sort of agree on "Trapped Under Ice" and "Escape" (which was the first sign of things to come, as it was consciously written as an attempt at a radio single), although I still dig both those songs, but did you just call "Creeping Death", one of the greatest thrash metal songs ever written, a "b-side composition"?
Well considering that mainstream metal was now dishing out hit singles, I guess it was obvious that some extreme bands (the lighter ones) would follow suit and you're right "Escape" was a sign of things to come for the band. I know "Creeping Death" is one of the rated songs on the album but I never thought it was that special, great name though. I think by the time it comes up I had already been spoilt by the more diverse tracks on the first side of the album.

Quote:
Secondly, I completely understand and approve of having Iron Maiden at #1, but you're about to give the second spot to Scorpions, aren't you? Thankfully this will be the last I'll ever have to worry about that band taking space away from actual good artists.
That Scorpions album is the balls, but you're right it may well probably be their final high placing on these lists.

Quote:
Oh, and I just updated the index, and you misspelled "Accept" at the top of that entry. NAGL.
Thanks and have just corrected the error, wouldn't have noticed until you said.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote