Music Banter - View Single Post - NHL Thread
Thread: NHL Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 07:55 PM   #2080 (permalink)
Ninetales
Music Addict

how else do you evaluate trades haha? if you continually trade players that turn out to be great for not great players (not saying this is chiarelli fyi) that's not a good thing. thats like Toronto level gming. letting macarthur go and buying out grabovski because they didn't "fit the team" whatever that means. its a gms job to evaluate players so if youre trading away seguin for bit parts that's bad. ya wow seguin was a partier. hes 20 who isn't. I look at what he did there, and it may honestly have not been chiarellis call tbh, and what Winnipeg did with kane and I cant see how anyone can say that's positive. ya I get the whole "identity" thing but I don't think its credible especially when dealing with legit stars. I remember when people were saying Chicago needed to trade patty kane. good thing they didn't eh. you could be right about Wheeler. I don't know how he was used in boston to truly know but I feel like I remember him wanting out so again hands may have been tied. but youre never going to convince me that seguin trade isn't awful. its not even hindsight. it was bad when it happened. and im a huge loui fan. the kessel trade was good for you guys tho. seguin+hamilton good haul imo (and it was a good bet since Toronto was bad at the time)

id be ok with trading eberle. but I honestly have no idea what the market for getting a top d is atm. a buddy of mine was saying we could get seabrook for Pittsburgh's 1st and a B prospect but I cant imagine theyd give him up for that little. im pretty bad at guessing trades tho so we'll see. the only identity I care about is getting good players and not bad ones.
Ninetales is offline   Reply With Quote