Music Banter - View Single Post - I know what I like: Trollheart's History of Progressive Rock and Progressive Metal
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 08:04 AM   #67 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Yeah I did wonder as I said about including them, but there are a lot of bands I have never heard of that seem to be on the verges of prog rock, and I had to try them in case I was missing out something important, particularly with the Bowie connection. Like you say though, nothing remotely prog about them and as I said in the review, I totally lost interest.

Oh well: on to 1969!
The problem is you're getting a lot of bands just because they were experimental or even just different on your lists, most of what you've been listening to so far is not really prog at all.

It looks like that you've been getting these recs from Wikipedia's prog releases by year, as their list has just so many albums that might appeal to a fan of prog without actually being prog. By the time you reach the 1970s you should find more relevant stuff.

Will you be covering Krautrock, as most prog lists seem to include it?
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote