Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 11:39 AM   #2707 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Default The moral of this story?

The moral of this story - stop what you're doing right now and buy a Creative Zen X-Fi media player.

I was excited to find another person on the planet with one of these glorious devices, bringing the grand total to date to a staggering THREE people.)

For those of us still holding fast to our truly-unlimited data plans, a cell phone and an external DAC / headphone amp is sufficient for portable playback. Most of us have a dedicated media server and unlimited data plans permit FLAC streaming for an average of 100-120GB of data per month.

But I understand not all are that fortunate, and the majority of smartphone users have a crippling data cap prohibiting such freedoms.

This is where the Zen rides in on a white horse.

32GB of internal flash storage and an SD expansion slot provides sufficient storage for several hundred hours of FLAC (or even more for 320CBR v0 audio) requiring only the occasional reloading of content perhaps once or twice each week.

And remember - that's non-volatile FLASH storage. Drop your Zen on the pavement? No problem - there are no moving parts to damage.

Sure, the X-Fi audio enhancement technology is a little silly, but the sheer convenience factor here outshines its faults.

Just don't try to use the Wireless LAN function... we prefer not to talk about that.

The bottom line is, the Zen has largest flash storage capacity of any video/mp3 player on the market. It's expandable, durable, has an OUTSTANDING battery life, and if paired with the right portable DAC will provide you with countless hours of listening pleasure.

God, I love this thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote