Music Banter - View Single Post - Talk about your instrument/gear!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 02:48 PM   #631 (permalink)
Mr. Sir
He behind the curtains

This is my Yamaha SVC-110 SK Silent Electric Cello. It's made of maple and spruce, which gives playing a really smooth feeling. Playing is possible by plugging in headphones or connecting it to an amp. It can be set to a standard tone as well as three types of reverb. I'm currently playing it with tungsten strings as those are my favorite. This instrument is a beast and the only minor disadvantage I could find is the bridge, which, because of it's badly cut shape, makes playing on multiple strings at once a lot harder.

The beauty you see in this picture is the Elite Model of the J.B. Lemoine Maitre Luthier series. I had been playing on this instrument for about 6 years before I bought the Yamaha. It's still playable and I often pick it up to this day, but because of a burst in its neck it sadly isn't what it has been.

This old friend of mine, which I recently found in my cellar is called the Buffet Crampon Flute, Cooper Scale E ARC. As I've just said, it's an old instrument and it has been through a few repairing sessions as well, so nowadays it can't match the quality it had in the old days. It's still enjoyable to play on though.

The Arturia Microbrute which can be seen in the picture above is an analog synthesizer. It's a synthesizer with only one oscillator, but despite that, it's ridiculously powerful. It's size and price are both very small compared to its quality. MIDI, USB, CV/Gate, etc. are included.

100 albums worthy of stealing your time [2/100]
Mr. Sir is offline   Reply With Quote