Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 08:28 PM   #102 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
Of course you can know for certain what the real numbers are, people keep track of these statistics obsessively for every card game ever. EX rarity is estimated at 2 per box (source: https://sites.google.com/site/virgin...mon/rarity/ex1), and since a box contains 32 packs then the estimated pull rate of EX cards is 1 in every 16 packs.
I know the facts now from watching people who open pokemon card packs. No, i'm not kidding. There are people who do that, and it's actually really interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Well The Pre-Sequel was developed by 2K Australia so I suppose it would make sense that they would hire Australian voice actors. I'm not saying this to defend a game I have zero interest in playing a series I have very little interest as a whole, but I do think there's an answer to your niggle.

As for Five Nights At Freddie's, it's basically YouTube fodder. Popular YouTube personalities make their facecam videos of them shrieking like a banshee and then all their follows go out and give it a go because it's reasonably priced. It has some interesting storytelling and there are some cool theories out there for it, but yeah I do think releasing 3 games over the course of 6 months was perhaps a little overdoing it. That said though, all the games sold and Scott Cawthon is significantly richer than he was this time last year.

It's a shame that Ori and the Blind Forest has technical issues, I've heard some people complain about the ending though which has definitely lowered it on my list of priority games for 2015. Maybe I'll pick it up during the summer sale, or wait till the end of the year.

Finally there's Among the Sleep... Now graphics wise, yes it really isn't anything spectacular but it was a Kickstarter game with a pretty meager goal. My real problems with the game lay with its short length, clocking in just under 2 hours for me to complete it, and for it's pretentious twist ending which I called pretty early on.
Yeah, I remembered after I posted about Borderlands that an Australian team was behind it. It's such a shame too, because it really could have been a cool game. I'm not a big fan of the series, but the games have always been fun when I played them. A friend of mine and myself play multiplayer sometimes and it's a lot of fun.

I don't mind that the developer for Five Nights has been making money off of his idea. It was obviously a good idea, and I do enjoy the concept of the game itself, and they aren't the worst games i've ever played, it's just disappointing to see so much come out of it in such a short time. But again, the developer has made some good money so I would be happy if I were him.

Yeah, it's pretty disappointing about Ori and The Blind Forest, because I was legitimately enjoying the heck out of the game. Everything about the mechanics to the storytelling to the graphics are all just top notch. A truly spectacular game and it's just a shame that the technical issues came up when I was really starting to get into it and get some momentum going in terms of powers and story.

I just can't bring myself to finish Among The Sleep. With what you said about it being a Kickstarter though, I mean...the game isn't completely broken so I give the developers high fives for that. However, I just wish I knew what I was getting into before I actually played it. It's a shame to hear about the ending as well. One of these days, I may just finish it so I can say I finished it. But my motivation to do so isn't very high at the moment.

I would still strongly recommend that you try out Ori and The Blind Forest for yourself, especially since I know you were someone that was looking forward to it. It's honestly a fantastic game. I just hope the technical issues get fixed so that when I play through it to get to where I was before my save deleted, it'll be a breeze.