Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 09:46 AM   #106 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Assassin's Creed is a series that needs to ditch the modern day story and just focus on what I assumed the first game was going to be, Hitman but set in the Middle Ages. That said though, I definitely think you should check out Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China as it plays completely differently to the rest of the series, is set in a completely different setting than we're use to, and actually makes stealth viable. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is also a lot of fun as a pirate simulator, but does suffer from a lack of variety in the main story missions, which are pretty much variants of "tail the guy" or "tail the guy, then chase/ kill the guy". Assassin's Creed Liberation is also kind of cool and relatively cheap, and I've heard good things about Assassin's Creed Rogue where you get to play as an assassin turned templar and hunt down the Assassin order.

All that said though, it's definitely a game that seems pretty daunting to get into just due to the amount of games, but I'd say the cheaper, non-main story ones like Liberation, Chronicles: China, and Rogue might be good places to start.
Assassin's Creed will most likely be the first series I try to tackle just because of how cool they look and the different types of stories you can get into. I didn't want to mention the non-main games because that list is long in itself, but I haven't forgotten about those at all. All the games look interesting enough to make me want to really sit down and play them in their entirety.