Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 09:13 PM   #118 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
The hate for 3 seems completely based on the original ending which admittedly I view as one of the most underwhelming endings in the history of any medium of storystelling, but still as a video game it was fantastic and frankly had the best gameplay in the series. And honestly the story remained excellent until the last half hour or so and I can't deny that it had me equally as immersed as the other two games. I just don't think the ending should define the entire experience.

I really have no choice but to have enormously high hopes for ME4 given how impactful the original trilogy was on my life for about 5 straight years. Since none of them have come even close to underwhelming me overall I have no reason to be afraid of them screwing up yet.
The gameplay was the most polished, as 1 was basic at best, and two was kind of rock, paper, scissor with the armor, shield, and biotic barrier thing, but the gameplay in 3 was way too unbalanced. The powers were great in 2, and made the game much more tactical than the first game, but the developers clearly paid almost no attention to designing the game for anything but the soldier class.

On Insanity, playing as a Vanguard or an Infiltrator was a joke. No challenge whatsoever. The options for upgrading the powers were great, but there wasn't really much payoff when you could beat the game like a redheaded stepchild regardless. I actually found myself taking weaker powers as an Infiltrator, just to give myself more of a challenge, but I still walked all over pretty much everything.

And Vanguard? It was like a God Mode cheat. You could literally clear an entire map in seconds, without every worrying about getting hit. You could even engage a mech at point blank range and win every time. Wouldn't have been so bad, but there was so little variation to the Vanguard's move set that I was just doing the same thing, over and over again. It just got to be dull.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.