Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rap & Hip-Hop Recommendation Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 08:12 PM   #1003 (permalink)
Ludin
Groupie

Default Searching for similar artists

Hey guys, I tend to listen to a lot of music and want to have a extremely large stack of music i like, i know many people just go downloading random bundles of music from other people but i like to just have music i like and can't stand to listen through all the bad songs to see whether i want to delete it or not. So going to my main point, im just looking for recommendations based off of some artists i like. I'm more into what many people call "real" hip hop (dont want to start some argument over what is considered real or not). My favorite artist would be Immortal Technique but the problem with similar artists to immortal technique is that the common artists like ill bill vinnie paz (I still like some of vinnie paz's songs like Last Breath, End of Days, Can't Be Neutral on a moving Train...) and such have more of a metal mix to them (get a headache from listening to them, no offense meant towards anyone who likes them). I dont like many of the 90's rappers since their music itself is what i would call boring. The lyrics should have some sort of purpose whether a story or like a social or political problem etc. Some other artists i enjoy are Dead Prez, Slaughterhouse, Nas, Lowkey, Hopsin, Jay Rock, Tech N9ne, Obie Trice, Eminem, R.A The Rugged Man, Talib Kweli....

I guess the main trend between those artists is that they have both good music and good lyrics (as in not just about pussy money and weed)

Thanks in advance
Ludin is offline   Reply With Quote