Music Banter - View Single Post - Hi, im new in metal!
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 08:27 AM   #39 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
First of all, I've already said that they've vastly improved as songwriters, but their original sound is so crushing that at least as far as song for song, their debut wins, even if I get bored about halfway through.

Secondly, I'd say Machine Head weren't so much sellouts, but Robb Flynn has been a trend chaser from day one. Look at his work with Vio-Lence, which is as unoriginal thrash as has ever existed, but it's also some ****ing goodass thrash. Early Machine Head was basically more aggressive Pantera, and now they're throwing in metalcore elements while toning down the abrasiveness.

Machine Head are great trend chasers, but in the end, they copy the work of others without actually innovating themselves.
Indeed you did.

Truthfully. I would kind of love them putting out a new album with that guitar tone from Burn My Eyes. They could do it without remaking that album. I get bored with any Machine Head album myself. But I don't mind it. They're a good band (I know you're not saying they suck haha, that'd be awfully blind of me if I was, because you've expressed you like the band and have a favorite album, in more or less words...)

Haha. Robb has always struck me as a guy that loves trends. Funny thing is how he plays it off like he don't. Vio-Lence I haven't heard a lot from, but have heard songs. Good thrash.