Music Banter - View Single Post - The Metalcore Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 06:25 PM   #468 (permalink)
chuu
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
Matt Heafy is an accomplished guitarist. But I agree that his screaming was a bit, eh, painful to listen to. He's better now when he does scream, he's learned some things. But I prefer his clean vocals. I was a little let down with Vengeance Falls, but I blame David Draiman for that more than the band.

Here's a few metalcore bands I dig, some could even be considered death metal:

Caliban
Any Given Day
Amorphis (sort of progressive though)
Darkest Hour
dEMOTIONAL
Heart Of A Coward
Trivium
More Than A Thousand
My Dear Addiction
The Sorrow
The Unguided
Deceptic
Sounds very interesting, I've been into metalcore for several months already. The bands I've had the chance to listen to are mostly Killswitch Engage and As I Lay Dying, other than that I still have many other bands around to spend more time listening to their songs and stuff.

I'm currently trying to cover all the material AILD released during their activity time. After that I'm looking forward to listening to other metalcore bands but I have a few bands in mind like Caliban or Darkest Hour, also Trivium and All That Remains seem to be very good bands but for what I've listened in some of their songs their vocalists don't do guturals that much and that's a negative for me, I dunno.

Your list looks very good, I'm actually gonna test a few songs of each band but what bands would you recommend me after finishing with As I Lay Dying?

Thanks for reading
chuu is offline   Reply With Quote