Music Banter - View Single Post - Retro gems: From NES to the PS
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 02:34 AM   #23 (permalink)
Aux-In
Wrinkled Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
Great game, Right?

i remember renting it at Blockbuster back when the Saturn and the Ps1 were taking over the market.
i played Lufia 2 as the Snes was becoming outdated and right away playing it i knew i found a gem.

i haven't replayed it since then but i remember the game being a superb rpg with great puzzle sections. i rented that game for like a month until i passed it.
I would rank the SNES RPGs as follows:

1) Final Fantasy VI
2) Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals
3) Everything Else. Tons of good RPGS, it's just that the two above are top tier.

Lufia II's puzzles were great, yeah. The only thing it lacked a bit was on the soundtrack. The best part was when you got to the end, there was a section where you could enhance all of your weapons and armor in a certain area of the game. I no longer remember exactly how that went down, but at that time you didn't see many games doing that. Kind of similar to how they put that special dungeon in the Game Boy Advance version of Final Fantasy VI.

Quote:
The few ppl that do always mention Phantasy star or Shinning force cause let's be honest the Genesis wasn't exactly known for it's rpgs, but it has a few gems like Beyond Oasis and Shadowrun (my fav genesis game) and many others rpgs that ppl just didn't pay attention to.
The only good RPG the Genesis had, or at least out of the ones I played, was Phantasy Star IV.

So many nostalgia feels in this thread already.

"All over a bowl of bitter beans."
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote