Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 11:38 AM   #7518 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I'm a big fan of point and click and plan to play quite a lot over the next year or so and have added this to the list.

Playing the Secret of Monkey Island again, love those games but they're quite demanding on the puzzle solving element.

Any other point and click you'd recommend, as I know you know a hell of a lot about games?
I dunno, I can get by on playing older games because I played them before and can kind of stay in that nostalgic safe zone where newer players might have a harder time. I didn't even play the full version of DreamWeb just a demo, but I remember playing it quite a lot, but 23 years have not really improved the game, especially as it can devolve into just hunting down items 1 pixel big.

If you do want some recommendations of games though, I'd say give Phatasmagoria: A Puzzle of Flesh a try. It's pretty cheap on GOG right now. The FMV Tex Murphy games like Under A Killing Moon, The Pandora Directive, and Tex Murphy: Overseer are all pretty good, with a very likeable bumbling protagonist in an interesting post-WWIII setting. I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream still holds up remarkably well, at least in terms of being genuinely disturbing in ways games like The Evil Within or the Resident Evil series wish they could be.

There are some newer games that I've heard good things about but haven't played yet like:

The Cat Lady
The Book of Unwritten Tales
Gemini Rue
Primordia
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
That looks like the most evil game ever created. I'm kind of jealous.
Well a lot of adventure games were pretty evil, "oh what's that, you missed that 1 pixel all important item at the beginning of the game? Well too bad 'cause you're dead now and there's no way of proceeding"
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote