Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Album Survivor [1st Wave Black Metal Division]
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 11:25 AM   #921 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Black Dog - Heavier, sexier, more complex, and down right more rocking than anything on Paranoid.

Rock and Roll - Awesome homage to the music that laid the foundation.

The Battle of Evermore - Would Peter Jackson even have made TLOTR without hearing this song?

Stairway to Heaven - Laugh all you want. Still the greatest classic rock song of all time. With the greatest classic rock guitar solo.

Misty Mountain Hop - Hippy Dippy to the max. A lot of the 90s grunge thing used this song as a template.

Four Sticks - Way before Sting and Peter Gabriel, Zep was doing "world music". First time millions heard a raga.

Going to California - Zep smokes a joint with Joni Mitchell and CSN&Y.

When the Levee Breaks - The drum beat that's been sampled a million times. Such a relentless and heavy groove. If you haven't f*cked to this I pity you.
Whilst I agree with most of this, Paranoid as an album just hangs together better and is more relevant in metal circles.

Personally I'm surprised that Paranoid is going to win this based on the general opinion of Paranoid on this forum. Ever since I've been a member here, most people have usually go on about how Master of Reality and their debut are better albums, now we have their third most popular album beating the best from everyone else, it just goes to show how loved Sabbath are here.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote