Music Banter - View Single Post - The Relationship Thread.
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 05:40 AM   #570 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
I have more friends now than I've had at any point before in my life, but I've never been so profoundly lonely as I have the past two months. Having dozens of friends is the same as having none, most days, except it comes with an awareness of that loneliness.

It doesn't help that my neuroses are driving away the friends I do have, because I can't resolve my emotional problems and they're getting bored of listening to them.

I think I'm rounding the bend on depression again, which is the one thing that scares me most in the world.
I could offer you some words of advice and lovely chestnuts of wisdom, but those are often pretty useless when it comes to depression. A lot of people don't realize that depression isn't exactly a logical condition; it's not like someone wants to be depressed, or chooses to be. Someone with depression might very well know that there's really nothing to be gained in being sad all of the time, and have come up with one hundred reasons for why they should be happy, but depression hits them all the same. All I can say is that you've shown yourself to be a great and caring person, and everyone who has met you on MusicBanter is better for it. Hang in there, we're rootin' for ya!
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote