Music Banter - View Single Post - More Mods!
Thread: More Mods!
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 05:04 PM   #100 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

While the "yea's" are beating out they "nay's" I think it should be a two thirds majority as far as whether we need new mods or not. And if you ask me, then we don't.

In my honest opinion, I feel people are asking for mods in hopes that they become mods and frankly that scares the **** out of me. People are power hungry for popularity and what a mod was and what a mod is are becoming very distanced.

I was my understanding that Mod's gain power but relenquish a certain degree of freedom. You are here to Moderate, to make sure things don't get out of hand, to keep tings focused, just like the word is defined, just like a moderator acts in any debate. This is not how mods are today on this board.

More and more we are having to ask people what they are responding to because threads or posts are being deleted, and while sometimes its for an obvious reason, other times its not so clear, and as far as im concerned, we don't always get an answer.

Mods today also seem more than happy to interject their own opinions in other peoples personal preferences. Im sure its stated no where but it certainly is common thought that as a mod, you don't post one sentence threads to the idea of "[insert band name] sucks". It shouldn't happen; it does.

Do i think there have been abuses of power, yes, do I think on the whole there is a problem no. I do think a mod should be assigned from a diffrent time zone, as I feel those members who don't post during the London-New York day should have the same luxery as we do. Posts that are offensive made during the L-NY day are removed readily. I don't think its fair to ask Mod's in those zones to stay up later or get up earlier. I also don't think the US West Coast and Oceania deserve to be bothered when the rest of us are not.

If we get a mod I strongly urge that (s)he is from that area of the world based on time alone. However if no poster with an understanding of MB ettiquete exists in that time zone we shouldn't risk makeing them a Mod. Spam removal is nice, but we don't want another Mod Tyrant.

TheBig3KilledMyRainDog

P.S. To Hookers and Bill, I appreciate the kind words, but it will be a cold day in hell before I am suggested