Music Banter - View Single Post - A Capella Wars
Thread: A Capella Wars
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 10:22 AM   #112 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
.... I’ve read that “chicken on a raft” is slang for fried egg on fried bread...
^ That' s a bizarre but interesting fact, ribbons; a small piece of the puzzle, but as you suggest, we' re not really any the wiser.... Actually, you' ve just prompted me to track down this web page, which includes the complete lyrics -plus glossary- to Chicken on a Raft . Now you'll be able to sing along when your cd arrives!

https://mainlynorfolk.info/cyril.taw...enonaraft.html

Quote:
I’ve ordered a double CD of Young Tradition/So Cheerfully Round/Galleries/Chicken On a Raft (EP). A bargain! Thank you again for sharing your enthusiasm for YT, a group I for one didn’t even know about before. Looks like I have a treasure trove of listening in store.
^ Congratulations on your purchase, ribbons. If you' ve liked what you've heard so far - I'm sure you'll enjoy it, but I' d love to hear your impressions of the tracks too. The sea shanties on the Chicken EP are good, and also, on the other albums, watch out for The Innocent Hare and Pretty Nancy of Yarmouth - both are great little story songs imo. Happy listening!