Music Banter - View Single Post - Kids: you gotta love 'em!
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 11:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
YorkeDaddy
silky smooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
My experience was similar. I have a sister three years younger than me, and three other siblings 9, 9.5, and 11 years younger than me, so I was on babysitting duty forever. My parents would leave for weeks at a time when I was in high school and I was the only appointed caretaker. Sucked a lot at the time because I never really had my own childhood, but I learned to be selfless and unconditionally responsible.

I was the figure of authority to those kids but my feelings toward them were very maternal. I made them dinner, I helped with homework, I walked them to school. They slept in my bed with me when they were scared or lonely. I was proud of them, and we were an extremely close unit. No one really missed having our parents around, because when they were home the environment was toxic.

I moved out when I was 16, and shortly after my parents took the kids and moved to another town, 80 miles away. I was ultimately disowned and kept from my siblings. I couldn't call to talk to them, they weren't allowed to visit. In 2008 I moved to California and that was that.

I think this is where any hesitation to have children stems from for me. Those were my kids, and I'm still mourning losing them.
Wow that's awful, I'm really sorry. I'd be devastated if I didn't get to see my little bro anymore, and I think he'd probably feel the same. One thing you can be sure of though is that they'll never forget you

9-Time Winner of MusicBanter's "Most Qualified to be a Moderator" Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
On this one your voice is kind of weird but really intense and awesome
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote