Music Banter - View Single Post - The Madhatter and The Knucklehead : Exo's Musings
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 09:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Well, I haven't written in this in a while. I've been meaning to do something music related but I can't seem to formulate my thoughts on music beyond "This is really good" in my life depended on it. To fill this journal with actual writings, I'm just going to post some pictures and such I've taken over the last few months. This is after all a journal is it not? We're going to get all 13 year old girl in this b*tch and I'll just tell you about my life of wandering and travels. Let's meander through pictures of my boring life!

Back in February I took a road trip with my best friend to visit his brother and sister in law in Carolina Beach, North Carolina. They had a house right on the beach. It was February, but it was a f*cking beach. It only got to be around 50 degrees but that didn't stop the sun from shining and ol' James the bird here to be out. James is an interesting bird. When I say interesting, I mean completely f*cking boring. The thing stood on that piece of wood for nearly an hour. What the hell was going on in his little bird mind is anybody's guess, but we enjoyed making up his mind for him. We ultimately decided that he had a hard time trying to figure out if he left the stove on at the James nest.

This is my buddies cat Five. Five is pretty rad. They found him in the trash as a baby and brought him home. He also has probably the best name for a cat I've ever heard. At the time of this picture, Five was on his way downstairs to spend the rest of his night trying to climb up into the basement ceiling. He has this strange desire to be up above the HVAC ducts. I think his face says "You going to just sit there like a b*tch and take a photo of me or are you going to get out of my way so I can reach the summit of Mt. Cellar?"

The next couple of pictures are going to be from my walk tonight. I don't know how many of you are close to where I live, but it was goddamn gorgeous out tonight. It's like 65 with a slight breeze, perfect for shorts and t-shirt walks. This is my apartment complex, although not my building. These f*cks were lucky enough to get a pretty tree planted in front of their door. I love taking photos at night; have since I was a kid. To me, unnatural light at night beats natural light during the day. The contrast between the light and void around it is just beautiful. It helps when you have a pretty tree to photograph as well.

Again, unnatural light is just cool. I have always loved that dark shade of orange that comes out of street lights at night. Perhaps this is why I love Halloween so much. Black and orange just go together so well to me. I'm also very attracted to urban areas. I guess living in the backwoods of New Jersey has had a weird effect on me. I'd much rather be walking around urban landscapes than some sh*tty small town park. Maybe I'm weird because of that.

This is one of the cooler photos I've taken. I was trying to sneak into Fort Lee Historical Park since it closes after dark. There was a Port Authority cop sitting at this intersection I waited for him to leave. As I was waiting, I snapped this shot of the traffic light changing. I guess I had good timing.

Moneyshot. I love where I live. I'll be heading back to this park another night. It got late and the other side of the park wasn't lit up at all. I din't bring a flashlight and while my nerves are hardened from three years of inspecting pitch black vacant basements, my ankles are suspect to breaking as I couldn't see the path very well.

It's gorgeous out so I'll have more photos on the way. Is this even entertaining? I have no idea. Tell me if I'm boring or not.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote