Music Banter - View Single Post - The Movies Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2005, 10:04 PM   #105 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

I watched Blow yesterday. I don't know why it didn't hit me the first time, but no movie has ever punctured my rib cage and stabbed my heart as well as Blow did.

I look foreward to the day when I can have kids, I've hated that my parents even married and had kids because their aweful lives were projected on my and my Brother, and thats all Blow is.

Sure, its got Drug deals in it as well, but the understory, about a man who wants to do whats right, for their kids, for the woman they love. Its brutal, and Johnny Depp delivers another crushing performance.

Im sure it matters to me more because I had some personal stake in it, but its message of corruption by love, it speaks to me on several levels, of loving what you can't have at the cost of destroying everyting else, the love of money, and the love of kids.

I want to have kids someday, I'd like to be a father, this movie scares the **** out of me, knowing its possible to never see you kid, to make them endure you fighting with a person you love, to have them growing up hating you when all you wanted to do was give them everything.

Its not a movie about cocaine with an awesome soundtrack, its a movie that is about the human condition.