Music Banter - View Single Post - Kids: you gotta love 'em!
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 12:07 PM   #81 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

OK, that's it guys. I've said me piece and I'm not responding to any further drama, though it looks like you're getting this back on track, for which my thanks Orph.

I explained why I created the thread and what I wanted it to encompass, so let's just get back to that and leave the drama behind.

Plankton, I disagree but respect the fact that you posted. I will hope (hope) that we see less nasty messages in posts from Lil, now that she knows it infuriates at least me, but if not then all I'll do is put her on Ignore. I can live without her drunken rambles anyway, don't think I'll be missing too much. But I hope it won't come to that, as I prefer not to have to go down that road.

Anyhoo, back on-topic.

The funny thing about this is, I am terrible with children. I mean, terrible. I feel awkward around them, never know what to say and feel they pick up on that. I'm not one of these who can be cool around kids, and if I'm honest I prefer not to be around them, but as I said there's no nicer sound than young girls laughing and playing shop or boys and girls chasing or whatever. I love it when they come to the door for sponsorship, and often ask "How many cats do you have?" Sometimes they want to come in and I have to say no, the cats are having their dinner, and I always imagine they see my three cats sitting at a table with knives and forks, discussing the business of the day among each other, or reading the newspaper.

But yeah, I could never deal with kids as a parent: I would not have the patience. I am consistently in awe, however, of those who are able not only to do so, but to make it seem like it's no big thing, which I know it certainly is.