Music Banter - View Single Post - Male Gender Roles and How They Specifically Affect Men
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 10:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

As I've noted here before I was raised in a home with my mom, her partner and her daughter, and my two sisters. We got to see my dad for 1 afternoon a week and that was basically go outside and play so I can court my new young hot wife. I seriously don't remember a single time we tossed a ball or watched a game together. I was picked on relentlessly at school because my mom was "queer" and my home life was even more depressing because of physical and emotional abuse.

In very quick succession I landed a lucky punch in a schoolyard fight and split a kids face open, discovered Led Zeppelin, and decided to learn the guitar. Almost overnight it seemed I earned respect and became cool. I probably overcompensated a bit macho wise during my teen years but heck, I'd earned it I guess based on how ****ty things had before before then.

I don't have a gay cell in my body but I'm about as far from homophobic as a person can be. I love sports - but that's just about a birthright based on my Boston roots. I will not take **** from anyone except my wife and I've always given 100% at trying to be the best father possible.

I haven't a clue what all of the above has to do with the OP but that's all I got at the moment.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote