Music Banter - View Single Post - Why Corporations are boycotting Tidal and Jay Z?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 07:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mr. Sir
He behind the curtains

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRFTS View Post
True... I record myself all of the time and it's definitely more difficult to gain respect and true success. Still, I believe in a level playing field but out of respect for fellow musicians I'm not going to get into or continue with what I'm saying.
Just to be clear here, which standards do you keep in mind when measuring respect and true success (I assume true success as you mentioned it means having a fanbase with a minimum amount of members in it?)? Personally, I think fame is an extremely negligible aspect of music. I’ve always found that the primary reason for writing music is expressing myself. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying you shouldn’t share your music with other people, but I think it’s just silly to grow music from the hope of gaining familiarity. It’s obviously possible to do this and it might even work out, but why should you? Why would you try to get true success? If you can move one person with your music or a thousand or a million, you’ll still get the same respect you could have gotten from any number of people who love your music. That respect and not the number of fans, if you ask me, is true success.

100 albums worthy of stealing your time [2/100]
Mr. Sir is offline   Reply With Quote