Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 02:01 PM   #7574 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Unpopular video game opinion:

Fallout: New Vegas > Fallout 3

The Mojave is a more immersive setting than the DC wasteland, even if there's nothing quite as awesome as the actual ruins of the city of DC; the diversity of guns is superior; the companions are better characters, and their quests make you care more about them (although I do miss the evil mercenary guy who charges into fights with those sadistic battle cries); the much higher amount of side quests gives the game a lot more replay value, the lack of which in 3 basically made it a game you could only really play once before losing interest; the factions are awesome; and your ability to really affect the world around you make your choices feel far more relevant.

It also helps that I have the New Vegas edition with all the DLC, as I don't have XBox Live and only ever played the base Fallout 3 game. But it still sounds like the DLC for for New Vegas is better anyway.

Also, two words: anti-materiel rifle. How I ever fought deathclaws without one is beyond me.
Really? I was always under the impression that New Vegas was more widely like by the general public, at least when I visit game forums. Bethesda are wonderful at building giant (if shallow) sandboxes full of activities for me to do, but Obsidian is great at writing and filling in those sandboxes with character and charm.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote