Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 03:50 PM   #7581 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
The LucasArts games. Looking back, it's hard to even see how Sierra was seriously considered a competitor to LucasArts. One had the quantity and the other had the quality, and while not all Sierra games were Space Quest III or Leisure Suit Larry III level of bad, they just didn't have the same kind of spark and quality that LucasArts was doing since Maniac Mansion. If you do want some recommendations for adventure games of the era I'd say:

Under a Killing Moon, Pandora Directive and Tex Murphy: Overseer (GOG)
Toonstruck (GOG)
Beneath a Steel Sky (free from GOG)
Snatcher (kind of obscure and hard to find)
Sanitarium (GOG)
Blade Runner (hard to find)

I'm hesitant to put The Longest Journey on here because it has some of the weirdest puzzle designs, but it has a really intriguing story. It's kind of worth playing with a strategy guide but your mileage may vary.
Hell even more games for me to add to my list, also why don't you like Leisure Suit Larry that much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I've probably been to DC all of twice in my life.
Well that's two times more than your grey clansmen managed.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote