Music Banter - View Single Post - Urban's 'All New' Doctor Who Thing
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 05:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

I'm kind of surprised with your opinion on The Daleks, for me it's one of the best of all the Dalek stories. The originality of the story was amazing, the two distinct races I loved which of course would be fully explained in Genesis, but the Thals didn't really make a return till the Pertwee era anyway. I also love just how the all powerful Daleks were so restricted as they couldn't move outside their own city.

You mentioned the interplay between the main characters which was the impressive feature of these early adventures and I don't think that the Doctor got any more selfish as he is here in any other story. I'd certainly say that this was the best Dalek story of the Hartnell years with only that 12/13 part behemoth being better.

I've seen this story so many times and never get tired of it and prefer it over the next Dalek story Dalek Invasion of Earth.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote