Music Banter - View Single Post - The Support and Encouragement Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 11:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default The Support and Encouragement Thread

It's come to my notice that, while most of us are relatively happy and (very loosely speaking of course) well adjusted, there are some of us here who have problems, some of them serious, and they don't often get heard. Whether this is from a fear of ridicule, embarrassment or a reluctance to share such things publicly, there are times when you just can't use the Bitch Box.

Also, often I find people who come in with genuine problems are ignored, laughed at or the thread is diverted away from their issue. Not that this is to say that some people do not genuinely try to help, but it doesn't always happen. So here I'd like to start a proper, serious thread where you can post your problems.

If your music isn't working out, you can get advice here.
If you have a relationship problem, you can talk to us about it here.
If you're depressed for no reason, we'll listen to you.
Whatever your problem is --- even if it's not an emotional one and you just want advice --- you can post here.

I would ask the mods to please not close this thread saying things like "thread exists for this already", as I've gone to pains to point out that this will, hopefully, be a different type of thread. I would also ask that while nobody expects a sepulchral respect to be maintained at all times, there is not too much off-topic conversation, and that if you can't help or contribute you don't just fill the thread up with smileys, gifs or YouTubes. I am hoping --- though this may be a vain hope --- that this will help someone, and if it only helps that one person then it will have achieved its purpose.

Of course, it'll probably die within hours, but it's worth a try.

So if you have something specific bothering you, and you need an ear or a shoulder, or some professional advice or just some encouragement, another set of eyes on a problem or a fresh perspective, or even just a friend to talk to, here's where to go.

Cue Batlord and pithy gifs/comments no doubt.