Music Banter - View Single Post - Those crazy ****ing Irish!
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 05:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default Those crazy ****ing Irish!

Since I have, from time to time, got a lot to bitch about concerning my country (mostly with the government) I'm going to use this thread to keep you all current on the latest wacky goings on in Ireland. Some of it will be rants, some will be funny, some may be sad, but it'll all be with a big touch o' the green!

As of now, we had a bus strike for two days, carried deliberately out during a busy bank holiday. The reason for the strike was that Dublin Bus and the Irish Transport Authority want some of the routes currently serviced by the national bus service to be put out to private tender. This could mean a reduction in wages or even layoffs for some drivers, so I'm totally behind them, though it was inconvenient.

The thing is, Dublin Bus and the govt have threatened to sue the NBRU (National Bus and Railworkers' Union) to recoup the losses they say they made over those two days in revenue. Is that mad or what? You go on legitimate strike, we'll sue you for the money you lost us! What a country!

More later....