Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 11:31 AM   #29339 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
The brother of my daughter's ex-husband is a tattoo freak. He's also VP of a pretty big corporate business consulting firm. First time I met him was at a Thanksgiving dinner and at some point during the night, and after much drinking, he was pretty much pulling down his underpants to show us his latest full body tat. It stretched from his lower thigh to his upper back and was very Asian/tribal.

So me and my wife are standing there with this dude we've just met and we're all just marveling at the art of it all. I think he said it took a half dozen sessions of three hours each to complete. I wish I had a picture of it to post. Unbelievably beautiful.

I played golf with him recently and he had most of his tats showing. I asked him how it went down in the business world and he admitted that there's still the protocol of hiding it while on company time. I think that's utterly ridiculous.
I'm fortunate in that the company I work for is laid back (read: small company) but still, it's hard not to be a little self conscious when you roll up to a business complex and employees of other companies are looking at you like "Is this guy about to rob us?"

In Louisiana it's hard to wear long sleeves in the summer. And my tat goes down my entire left arm. Worst decision ever, irrelevant of the style choice I made back in the day.