Music Banter - View Single Post - re: homeostasis
Thread: re: homeostasis
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 06:07 PM   #33 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

the ignore list is a bitch move imo

i don't want any drama ori just saying, i judge people who use the ignore list. makes them look mentally weak to me. especially when you announce it like that.

as for the discussion i think tore explained it well, in terms of adding some nuance to the way the incentive structure works. but i still say even with all that, you basically do exist to reproduce. the mechanisms driving you to do it might be indirect and convoluted, etc. but you wouldn't be here if there wasn't that reproductive drive.

that doesn't mean i'm saying everyone has to have kids... but just that the whole ridiculing 'breeders' thing is silly. 'breeders' are just human beings doing what they're designed to do.

i was also thinking about it and the whole 'overriding the biological imperative' thing seems a bit dressed up to me. when you think about how evolution actually works. it basically works cause the successful traits/models continue to get reproduced. so you can put on a condom and decide not to have kids. you didn't beat evolution by doing that, you just selected yourself out of the game. basically became an evolutionary dead end. it seems like this kind of trend could never really take off in the species without collapsing its population and probably wiping us out.

so even though we have sort of taken ourselves off the menu with regard to the food chain and we mess with our environment in a number of ways that takes away a lot of the typical selective pressure that organisms face... there are still certain behavioral trends that must continue for the species to continue.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote