Music Banter - View Single Post - re: homeostasis
Thread: re: homeostasis
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 07:15 PM   #34 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
the ignore list is a bitch move imo

i don't want any drama ori just saying, i judge people who use the ignore list. makes them look mentally weak to me. especially when you announce it like that.
You're right. It takes more courage for people to constantly belittle each other and have pissing contests than it does for them to learn to just walk away and get on with their lives. What was I thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
so you can put on a condom and decide not to have kids. you didn't beat evolution by doing that, you just selected yourself out of the game. basically became an evolutionary dead end. it seems like this kind of trend could never really take off in the species without collapsing its population and probably wiping us out..
People have been using contraceptives forever. The denizens of the Roman empire actually drove a certain plant to extinction, because it prevented pregnancies, and they over-picked them. By your logic, none of us today should use contraceptives, because our parents didn't when they created us. And yet we do anyway. It's a massive trend, and it has always been, yet it hasn't "collapsed our population". If anything, there are more people now than ever, and yet more people using easily-available contraceptives then ever as well.

Last edited by Oriphiel; 05-09-2015 at 07:20 PM.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote