Music Banter - View Single Post - american imperialism
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 12:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

I'm generally liberal but I swing hawk or dove depending on the situation.

My career unfortunately doesn't give me enough time to get involved in internet debates, but I love politics so I'll try to add my thoughts on (Europe, The Middle East & Asia) when I can.

The Middle East:

Overall I think the United States should be making every effort to become energy independent so they can finally break free from the quagmire that is the Middle East, but in the interim...

(Iraq)

Increase American base camps in Iraq to prop up the current Shia led coalition and begin to look at partitioning the country into three separate states based on ethnic lines. (Sunni , Shia, Kurdish)

Develop the Shia and Kurdish states into fully functioning democracies, with a strong military presence in the Shia state to counteract the influence of Iran.

(If at all possible) In the Sunni state support the Egyptian model of a secular military backed by large amounts of foreign aid and investment in order to help stabilize the fledgling country, I know it's a pipe dream, but I can't think of any other viable solution, and it worked in Turkey.

(Syria)

There is no easy answer here, Bashar Assad and the governing Bath Party are Shia minority governing a Sunni majority that has gone into full rebellion.

Sunni backed states like Saudi Arabia and Kuwait will continue to fund the Syrian rebels, and Iran and Russia will continue to support Assad. In short, the civil war in Syria will continue whether the US funds the rebels or not, and in the long run I think Assad's days are numbered.

(Iran)

Continue the Obama administration's present course, while supporting peaceful Iranian dissidents.

(Israel)

Use the United Nations as a tool to put pressure on Israel, to cede the majority of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, to allow for the formation of a Palestinian state.

Next up Europe.
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote