Music Banter - View Single Post - 2016 Presidential Race Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 01:38 PM   #81 (permalink)
Josef K
A Jew on a motorbike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
Your right, thanks for the correction. There has been so much hype around Elizabeth Warren that I assumed that she had put her hat in the race.

I guess that makes it less of a race. Saunders of course won't win, but at least now there is someone notable on the ticket, I like O Malley, but I don't think the American public knows who he is.

I can't imagine who would beat Jeb Bush in the primaries, both Scott Walker and Chris Christie are unlikable dicks, Marco Rubio doesn't have the stature of Bush, and the Libertarian wing of the party isn't large enough to propel Rand Paul to the nomination. Likewise, same with the social conservative base for Mike Huckabee. So???
Yeah, the Republican primary is gonna be weird because there's no real next in line like there has been... shit, since, like, Eisenhower. I keep dismissing everyone with "oh, they won't win", but somebody has to. Jeb has a ton of money but the party might wary of nominating another Bush, but you're right that he's probably the most likely candidate, or Walker is. I'm really not sure anyone can walk the tightrope of being conservative enough for the base but moderate enough to win the general, and I think Bush runs the risk of doing the opposite of Romney - he's made some pretty liberal overtures on immigration specifically, IIRC. Walker could get nominated - I'd love to see a Walker/Bush ticket, if just for the name, but I don't think it'll happen.
Josef K is offline   Reply With Quote