Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 06:30 AM   #31945 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnaught View Post
It's fixed? I really like it, but not sure I'm ready to drop $300 on it. If you've got experience in cycling, do you think the buyer is asking too much for it?

Got a clean scattante americano single speed fixed gear track bike. Just in time for the beautiful weather. It's a small frame. It's a 49 I think. clean bike though. doesn't weigh much at all. Super fun and fast. Fork tube and Stem set up in the picture is before I cut it down and lowered the stem to be flush with the frame.
After some Googling, I'd say that's a decent price. Some of the pro touring one's can go for a couple thousand, but since this is a fixed gear track bike, it's gonna be in a lower price range. Not sure you'd want a track bike for commuting though, since it's only got the one gear, and it's probably a low one for speed. Harder starting out until you get some momentum kinda thing. I wouldn't want that, but you could always get a derailleur, and set it up with some gears. I have a Diamondback Sorrento, and it's pretty light. They're just a bit more than the one you're looking at ($350), but it's more of the kind of bike I'd use for a commute to work every day. 21 speed, light, and good for on, or off road.