Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 12:00 PM   #10488 (permalink)
grtwhtgrvty
jiojoijoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRFTS View Post
Okay... Here it goes.

I believe digital downloads are not the downfall of the music industry, but instead the downfall of the music industry is being caused by increasing control, profit over quality control, payola over the radio and them utilizing their licensing abilities to their fullest potential. (Examples: Vevo has nothing but major artists and if you're really lucky you'd never get to see an indie artist, only a major one. Another Example: It's really difficult to get your song on a major radio station; I'm not talking about those people who think they're going to make it, I'm talking about a well produced, well thought out song that only a devoted person could put into.)

I also believe we have no generational music. In the 50's we've had Rock. In the 60's we've had psychedelic music. In the 70's we've had Funk & R&B, In the 80's we've had punk and synthpop, in the 90's we had rap, grunge, industrial, house. Hell even in the double 00's we've had Alternative.

We have new musical genres now but do they inspire us to question our society, do they provide a release, do they provide us the ability to stand up? Dubstep/EDM is terrible because no effort goes into it and everything sounds mostly the same. Emo/Indie is also terrible because the people who are emoting have no real reason to be emoting or even making music. If you don't like the place you live in, move. If you having problems, face them head on.

Only if you have some right or some prejudice (like something out of your control aka death); only then will you seem emotional and connect with an audience.
This is the stupidest thing anyone has ever said.
grtwhtgrvty is offline   Reply With Quote