Music Banter - View Single Post - Watch as The Batlord Descends Into Comic Book Nerd Oblivion
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 02:23 PM   #118 (permalink)
Aux-In
Wrinkled Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm still too new to comic collecting to remember stuff from the past,
Interesting. The way you write about them, it would seem as if you've been collecting since you were a kid.

Quote:
but I'm guessing those were holdovers from the nineties, before the speculator bubble burst, and the industry almost collapsed.
I haven't bought a comic book since about the early 2000s, although I used to pick up Wizard magazines for several years after that because the writing and humor was superb, and if you wanted to know prices, it was thee go-to source; they were a huge influence. Not sure what the industry-equivalent would be today. The collecting aspect was part of the fun.

Spoiler for Old-School Receipt:
Briefed through my old boxes and found this relic. 20 free comics with an order over a certain amount (don't remember). This was my last order through them, and this order had a ton of comics that were either back ordered or they had to send me a refund for because they didn't have them.

Quote:
Most of my comics are digital, my physical collection only takes up about half a bookshelf of space at the moment -- those it is always growing. Comics are expensive.
Is digital the way the industry is headed?

"All over a bowl of bitter beans."
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote