Music Banter - View Single Post - Metallica's The Black Album
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 09:21 AM   #28 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

I could pick things about Metallica apart all damn day, like the rest of you...

My introduction to Metallica was from the very first album. I was hooked when I was 7, got older, realized Metallica wasn't as good as I once thought when I was a kid, still listen to them here and there but don't expect much from them with new material, haven't since The Black Album.

But. The Black Album when I listen to it now, it really did not hold its appeal well, like not even a little bit. The album is still decent, but man I find so much that really just turns me off to it. Any person that could get over themselves and the hype behind this band, could admit to that Metallica is just average, always have been. Sold a sh*t ton of albums though.

And on another frank, or honest note. People that use the term 'sell out' like some whore on the street. Any of you even know how that term even would apply to a band, and be completely accurate? Rhetorical question. My point is that I am fairly sure people don't know what the hell they are talking about when they claim a band has sold out. It annoys me. Most people complain a band has sold out just because they tweaked their sound, and it is laughable. Under the right circumstances that can apply in that context. But %99 of the time, it doesn't.

Use the term right. Too hard to ask of people?