Music Banter - View Single Post - Snot - Get Some (1997)
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 12:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aux-in View Post
Had no idea that Sevendust song was about Lynn.

The live version of "Absent" is on this record. It's track #8. Also, "Choose What?" was good off this as well. The rest was live material from their debut album.

Snot reformed under a new singer later on, but it obviously wasn't the same. I don't think many people would have the history of seeing Lynn live, so you sharing some of what you remember would be cool.
Hmmm...

*scratches head*

We arrived at Ozzfest at around noon, with a case of beer and a couple gel tabs. We dropped, drank a beer (saving the rest for after), and proceeded to get in line to get in. By the time we got in, things were kicking in, and my friend (Wiggles) says to me "Now, don't lose me" and proceeded to run to the front of the main stage with me chasing after him while yelling "What the ****, *******!". After a few moments, Lemmy comes onstage and announces "Good morning Wisconsin, this is your ****ing wake up call!" and dives into Iron Fist. This pretty much set the mood for the entire day.

Fast forward to about 3-4 pm. After we got separated by the mosh pit for Coal Chamber, I found Wiggles at second stage grooving to these guys. I was taken instantly by the heavy, yet funk-ish groove they were laying down. I had never heard someone scream then fall back into lounge singer mode ever before. It was glorious. I asked Wigs who they were, and when he said Snot, it really didn't register. I was like wtf does he just keep saying "Snot" for. Then it hit me. Ohhhh... duh. We rocked them to the end of their set, then hit the cooling station.

Pretty much all I can recollect.

Last edited by Plankton; 05-15-2015 at 12:14 PM.
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote