Music Banter - View Single Post - Dzhokhar Tsarnaev sentenced to death
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 04:49 AM   #18 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
I agree.

I don't see how giving him the death penalty is going to bring justice to the families because killing this 21 year old boy is not going to bring any of the victims back.

I think the only reason why they gave him the death penalty was because they felt he should have "shown" more remorse but imo just because his remorse might not have been as visible in court does not mean he was not remorseful about what he did.

However, having this attractive boy live the rest of his life in a cell causes more emotional and psychological damage versus giving him a slow painless death. What is the message that we are trying to send? What is the lesson that needs to be learned? It also would have given him more time to reflect more on what he did and how he ended up in his predicament in the first place.
I think he would have gotten the death penalty regardless. The case was so high profile, and public opinion was so blood thirsty, that I imagine that it would have been almost impossible to find a jury that didn't want to see him fry.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote